- March 16, 2020
- Posted by: Simangolwa Muyunda
- Category: News
The National Pension Scheme Authority has put in place preventive measures at all its offices and investment properties countrywide in a bid to prevent the spread of the Corona Virus in line with the Statutory Instrument issued by the Minister of Health recently.
Addressing members of staff across the country via video conference this morning, the Director General, Mr. Yollard Kachinda, said NAPSA, through its Crisis Management Committee, will ensure that the preventive measures are implemented across the country with immediate effect. The Director General highlighted the following as some of the measures:
- All Authority offices, malls and hotels to begin implementing the preventive measures against the Corona virus with immediate effect as per the SI issued by the Minister of Health.
- All points of entry into the offices, customer service centres, shopping malls and hotels to have hand sanitizers which will be regularly replenished.
- All persons entering NAPSA offices, shopping malls, hotels and customer service centres, including employees, clients and visitors will be expected to sanitize their hands at the point of entry. This measure will be strictly enforced, and the public is encouraged to comply.
- All frontline staff to be provided with face masks, sanitizers and hand gloves where necessary.
- The Authority has triggered Business Continuity Plans to prevent business disruption in case of a complete lockdown. In an event of unanticipated business lockdown, the public will be appropriately communicated to.
Other measures that have been implemented include the suspension of workshops and trainings for staff and other stakeholders within and outside the country. The Authority will use the existing Information Communication Technology to conduct the trainings and workshops.
Mr. Kachinda has also called on members of the public and all stakeholders to make use of the various ICT platforms that the Authority has implemented, including web-based eNAPSA and mobile platforms to transact with NAPSA as the Authority has restricted movement and handling of physical files in offices to avoid regular hand contact unless it is absolutely necessary.
The Director General has since assured NAPSA members and the public that the Authority was working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure the safety and wellbeing of the employees and its members.
For any queries please call +260211395677, toll free 677, WhatsApp; 0973000677.
Head Corporate Affairs
National Pension Scheme Authority